Chicken Avacado Quesadillas
4 chicken breasts
- 6-8 tortillas (fajita size)
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar jack, shredded
- Fresh jalapeno slices, optional
- For the Wet rub
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder, optional
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- juice of 1 lime
- Heat grill to medium-high. Whisk wet rub ingredients together in a glass bowl, add chicken, and turn to coat.
- Place chicken on the grill and cook until the juices run clear (about 6-7 minutes per side). Remove from grill and let rest 10 minutes.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips or small cubes. Top one half of each tortilla with chicken and cheese and fold the other half over, pressing down lightly. Brush or spray the outside of the quesadilla with olive oil and place on the grill. Grill two minutes on each side - keep an eye because they can scorch quickly.
- Remove from heat and serve with salsa, guacamole, or your topping of choice.
NotesYields: 6-8 servings
Estimated time: 30 minutes